Crowd Sign: Emission
A downloadable game
Crowd Sign: Emission is a game where you paint a signs and watch the action unfold then later you can explore the world of the game in first person mode.
Core gameplay elements and features:
- Freehand paint feature and observation of the consequences of painting;
- Random and(or) controllable choice of ending and details of the game;
- The story of the game's world is narrated by cinematic methods;
- Exploring and discovering an open world inhabited by strange creatures, in first-person mode;
- Finding and solving the mysteries of the game's lore;
Crowd Sign: Emission is a fascinating quest story about how power and religion function. About how unimportant at first glance actions can affect the big picture. At the beginning of the game you find yourself as a demiurge lord, controlling the masses of the population, choosing its fate as ruler. Only in the course of the game, when you get to control it on a human level, can you find out the reasons that moved the people to the actions depicted in the game.
Crowd Sign: Emission interprets the mechanisms of authoritarianism. The viewer becomes the controller of a virtual crowd in real time. An order in the form of a clear graphic symbol is sent to a semi-organized thousand-headed image. But the creatures living on the far side of the screen never follow orders in strict compliance. Due to the complexity of the communication system, the sent signal undergoes alteration, reminding us that power cannot be unlimited.
- Alexei Shulgin, contemporary artist, musician, and online curator
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.